Suggestions, Comments and Complaints

We strive to provide our patients with a high standard service in all areas. We are continually looking to improve the patient experience and welcome all feedback from our patients. To tell us how we did, please leave your feedback online. You can also rate us using the friends and family test.

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible, ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks. This will enable us to establish what happened more easily.

How to Complain

It is best to tell a member of staff about any concerns or problems as soon as they arise and they will try to resolve them. If your problem cannot be resolved in this way, and you wish to make a complaint, please let us know using our feedback form.

If you would like to complain in writing, complaints should be addressed to:

Dr Clare Crabtree
Fitznells Manor Surgery
2 Chessington Road
KT17 1TF

What we will do

We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working hours and aim to have looked into your complaint within ten working days of the date when you raised the complaint with us. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the person(s) involved.

When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again

Complaining on behalf of someone else

We keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have his or her permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

In addition you may want to contact the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service

Clarendon House(1st Floor)
9-11 Church Street
Hampshire RG21 7QG

Telephone: 01256 463758