Please let one of our team know if you require any special assistance when visiting the practice.
Our sites all cater for disabled patients to visit and access healthcare. There are no steps at the entrance of our locations giving patients easy access and there are dedicated disabled car parking spaces available.
We have a wheelchair available for patient’s use at their own risk, at our two larger sites (Fitznells and Old Cottage Hospital), should you require one whilst visiting.
Disabled toilets are located on the ground floor.
If you require sign language services, please let our reception team know, preferably in advance of your appointment.
We have a loop induction system at the reception desk to assist the hearing impaired.
For more information on the loop hearing system visit Hearing Link website: www.hearinglink.org/hearing-loops
For more advice and support for deaf people please see the following websites:
- British Deaf Association – www.bda.org.uk
- British Sign Language Healthy Mind – www.signhealth.org.uk
- Action Hearing Loss – www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk
- Royal Association for Deaf People – www.royaldeaf.org.uk
- National Deaf Children’s Society – www.ndcs.org.uk
If you or family members are blind or partially sighted we can give you a CD or large print of our practice leaflet upon request. Please ask our staff for further information.
For more advice and support for blind people please see the following websites:
- Royal National Institute of Blind People (RIND) – www.rnib.org.uk
- Action for Blind People – www.rnib.org.uk/action-for-blind-people
- British Wireless For The Blind Fund – www.blind.org.uk
- Blind in Business – www.blindinbusiness.co.uk
- British Blind Sport – www.britishblindsport.org.uk
Guide dogs are welcome at the practice but we ask that you be aware of other patients and staff who may have an allergy or fear of dogs. Please visit the guide dog website for further information: www.guidedogs.org.uk